Tuesday 2 October 2007

Forum - Semester 2 - Instrument

Electronic musical instrument of mine:

In building this instrument, I had 3 initial principals:

1- Physical computing (Arduino)
2- Tone generating (Square wave generating)
3- Victorian Synth.

What my instrument does (as apparent in the video below) is that it gets a signal from the computer (using Arduino), controls a 4093 chip which generates a square wave and sends the signal to a speaker (through an amplifier) and then there is the Victorian synth.


This picture kind-of explains the principals following which the instrument works. (Frankly, I have forgotten what I wanted to call this invention of mine, if it is an invention at all)
It should be mentioned that I had to add another extra component, the amplifier, in order to actually get a reasonably loud sound out of this dude; nevertheless, I don't think this part of the job is counted by any means.

It was not an easy time fixing this instrument. S*** load of soldering and stuff was needed..

No comments: