Friday 12 October 2007

AA1 - Semester 2 - Week 10

Additive Synthesis

For this week, I provided a Plogue patch which has a very simple structure and function.
All the story is to ADD two different wave files, (and of course this is called « ADDitive synthesis !) and see the result.
I simulated a sound that I actually would need for my final project ; the « beep » of the bus indicator light when it gets close to a stop.
I grouped the different devices I used to construct the patch and provided a controller for it. In his controller, you can define the frequencies and the waveforms of the signals which you intend to add together.
All what I have explained is apparent in the picture I have for the patch :
The sonic result of this patch is here to listen to :
aa1sem2week10.mp3

References:
- Christian Haines 'Audio Arts 1.2' Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 09/10/2007
- Additive (Fourier) Synthesis. the University of Princeton (http://soundlab.cs.princeton.edu/learning/tutorials/SoundVoice/add1.htm) [Accessed 12/10/07]
- Additive Synthesis. Wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Additive_synthesis) [Accessed 12/10/07]

No comments: