Friday 12 October 2007

CC 1 - Semester 2 - Week 10

Integrated stuff

For my project, with regards to the new information on “Integrated Setup” of several devices I’m going to use, I will –as said before- utilise Plogue Bidule, Reason and Ableton Live.
There is one single device that I just realised would be great to use; a Control Surface.
What I will do would follow a simple algorithm; the signal –most probably of a guitar- would come into Plogue, while Ableton is rewired to it, and some additional effects on the sound would be affecting the entire result via Reason. Ableton Live would most probably provide me with a rhythm; and I would control Reason’s effects with a control surface!
The setup is not as sophisticated as what I initially intended it to be. But after experimenting for a while, I got to a point that I realised not to overuse what I have.

Here is a test for this setup; the only difference is that I sequenced a riff and looped it, then I started controlling the effects in Reason: (Unfortunately it’s around 4 minutes!)
cc1sem2week10.mp3

References:
- Christian Haines 'Creative Computing 1.2' Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 11/10/2007
- Plogue Bidule. Official website. (www.plogue.com) [Accessed 12/10/2007]

No comments: