Saturday 29 March 2008

Forum - Semester 3 - Week 4

This week, the forum continued
introducing non-first-year students and their respective projects to the newcomers.
Ben Prubert presented his Multimedia project of MAX in which he was manipulating audio and video in a real-time manner using MAX. It looked pretty fascinating, however, since I don't have enough ideas how MAX actually works, I can't really analyze what he did. Considering the outcome (which to me is more than just the most important part), it was great.
Freddie presented his 1st semester project for Creative Computing. To me it was good in the sense that I could easily imagine of his work as a soundtrack for a movie. (His final result had the same vibe as the soundtrack for the film "Deadman" by Jim Jarmusch. The music for that film is by Neil Young.
Doug presented an interesting video of his process of making his 1st semester Creative Computing project. It was one of the best presentations so far (in my opinion) showing the actual progress of the developing of an artwork
..

3 comments:

edward kelly said...

i thinks it be Ben Prunebert :?


and i just noticed the link to my blog, is da olde blog..

not da newer
http://littlevegetables.blogspot.com/

Ben said...

Haha, indeed I like the prune juice.

Probert.

John said...

QUOTE: "Considering the outcome (which to me is more than just the most important part), it was great."

AMEN to that one! I think I have finally found an ally within this "it's all about the process and equations" community. Not meaning to downgrade the importance of examining the "process" and the journey, but too many of us get stuck there I think. I like hearing completed "outcome oriented" works. Actually one of my favourite bass players, Marcus Miller, once stated "most people don't care about 16th notes or triplets or whatever, they just want to feel something..."