Saturday 29 March 2008

CC2 - Semester 3 - Week 4

MIDI Controller (Part II)
The idea was to expand last weeks' MIDI controller patch in MAX; however, since I needed a new review on what I was doing, I started from scratch. Hence, the different appearance of my "Astalavista MIDI Controller"!
It looks like this:
Since I'm not rich yet, and therefore I can't genuinely support copyright, I have added the entire MAX patch text here as an ultra-open-source for this fantastic innovation of mine!
Here it is:Note: The external MIDI controller keyboard Novation Remote SL does not cover the entire range of pitch bend and modulation (i.e. 128 values). I haven't tested the patch with other hardware so I do not know of its performance elsewhere..
Cheers!
References:
- Christian Haines 'Creative Computing 2.1' Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 27/3/2008
- Max MSP, Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max/MSP) [Accessed 31/3/2008]

No comments: