Sunday 18 May 2008

AA2 - Semester 3 - Week 9

Mixing; stage 2:

- For this week I chose to work on the sound of the band I will be recording for the final project.
This jazz band called "Aaron Austin Quartet" played a bit of blues in the last weekend and I recorded a bit of it.
- Just for the sake of trying, I used the delay plug-ins, very very slightly affecting the sound of the solos (particularly the 2nd and the 3rd examples, the guitar and bass solos).
It sounded pretty much awesome! It actually gave the sound some effect between a reverb and a chorus.

I will probably set my session pretty much like this one for this band's recording some days later..


References:
- David Grice, 'Audio Arts 2.1' Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 6/5/2008

No comments: