Thursday 6 September 2007

Forum - Semester 2 - Week 3

This week’s exercises were to generate square waves and manipulate the sound using various devices (potentiometers, resistors, etc..)
The first exercise is pretty simple :
The square wave in generated using a 4093 chip, a capacitor and a resistor ; as you can see in the video below:


I changed the resistor and observed the effect :



In the next one, I used an LDR (Light Dependant Resistor) and experimented it :



In this one, using a potentiometer (also called POT) I varied the resistance and checked the effect :



This time, I used a potentiometer AND an LDR, nice stuff.. :



At last, I used TWO potentiometers, one serving the device as a generator and the other one the modulator. I think I needed different POTs to get a more apparent sound :

No comments: