Wednesday 8 August 2007

CC1 - Semester 2 - Week 2

Another Bidule project;

This time the circumstances were pretty different from the last week. Having experimented a bit with the software and also after reading an instructive writing on the net, life was easier.
I came up with this result:

..which its Bidule file looked like this:
..and it (the Bidule file) is HERE to download.

There were several issues that I encountered but overall, since Christian explained the system through which such an "open-ended" software works, the bugs became more understandable. Still, I have to experiment more to actually find out how to generate "what I want". Unfortunately, the software gives zillions of options from which you can choose your sound (or rather choose the "way" you want to generate your sound.) My aim however, is to come up with a sound which I can possibly use somewhere else; in collaboration with other softwares. I didn't really get into the "re-wire"ing side of the software but I think it is very possible to work with Bidule while it is cooperating with other programs.

References:
- Christian Haines 'Creative Computing 1.2' Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 02/08/2007
-
Martin, "Bidule Tutorial", Front and Back [Accessed 06/08/2007] .

No comments: