Wednesday 11 April 2007

Week 6 - CC1

This week’s exercise was to sequence a piece using a given one particular score.
The score looks like this:
I sequenced each part related to one individual piece of the score and I have shown it in this figure. I also have indicated “what represents what” by comparing these two figures. For the intro of the song, I altered the sound by stretching its time (increase). The time of the track”wave deformed” labelled III is also stretched (decreased).
I considered two different sounds making the part
VI cooperatively as shown in the picture.
For some of the blank (and black) parts of the score, I simply cut the sound and considered that a mute. For the part I also did a simple panning since I thought that the sequence should have a reason for being stereo.
Since the concept could be interpreted as a surrealistic combination of vision and sound, I purposely assumed time, NOT to pass in equal periods. By that I mean huge brackets of paper, in some cases represent small periods of time; i.e. the relation of parts VII & VIII
You can download the final MP3 using THIS LINK.