Monday 30 July 2007

CC 1 - Semester 2 - Week 1

Plogue Bidule

I’d rather put my understanding of this software in this way: Plogue Bidule is one of the ways of making “pure” computerised music.
The process I undertook was basically to start with giving the computer a bunch of frequencies and receive a bunch of random pitches, then apply different changes, modulations and effects to them using various devices.

However, not my entire project was derived from MIDI. I also used one wave file and sent it to some VST plug-ins, effects and modulators.
The result was a mixture of patterns and “sound colours” which gave me a sense of electro-ambient music.

The final result:
The session file in Bidule format:




References:
- Christian Haines 'Creative Computing 1.2' Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 26/07/2007
-
Beaulieu, Sebastien; Trussart, Vincent; Viens, David 2007, Bidule v0.92 user manual,
Plogue [Accessed 30/07/2007] .
-
"Ring Modulation". Wikipedia. [Accessed 30/07/2007]

1 comment:

edward kelly said...

sounds like a cross between pink floyd and the orb.

i like the clanks :)