Tuesday 26 June 2007

Project - CC1

For this project I just used three sounds; a door being shut, the noise of a mobile phone signal (that annoying one you always hear coming out of electric devices) and the voice of one of my friends.
There were several parts to this composition of mine. My main intention was to change the sounds pretty dramatically and observe the effects of different softwares, plug-ins and devices. In some cases I also used the real-time change of particular devices. For example, I stretched the time of the door sound from 1 second to around 50 seconds, applied phaser to it and recorded the result while I was changing the parameter of the LFO amount on the phaser.
I also used panning, muting, reversing and other applications like these quite frequently in my tune.
The tune is about a dream; it is called “Pleasant nightmare”. It starts with the door being shut, goes on with the sound of door being delayed (not consistently; I changed the delay time and recorded it real-time) and having other sounds on top of it.
The track finished by a lady saying something (!) about good news, the door being shut again and the sound of an answering machine.
In total, it was a really interesting project I have done so far; especially when I lost my entire pro-tools session and I had to redo it again.

Nice semester ending.

HERE is my final MP3 track...

And here is the score for this dude.. :

No comments: